Sooo, here we are. I am so excited about this small web / bespoke internet / etc. phenomenon, and people's creativity here blows me away. I, however, am struggling a bit with deciding on a visual theme¹, and a screen name², and what kind of pages I want to make, and how much personal information I want to put here. When I first got ~the internet~, around 1999, even telling people your real name was a big no-no (well, at least for me I guess, I was a child), and I kind of want to go back to that.
I aim for this website to be a cool place to explore at your own pace. Nothing more, nothing less.
¹It's been a while since I wrote this, I decided on having all the visual themes at once and I struggle no more
²I don't think I'm changing it at this point. I hate the pressure of choosing a username so I just used what I call one of my cats sometimes.
current goals for this site:
- set things up to update the site through the neocities api OR get a supporter account and do ftp
- find way to share playlists without youtube/spotify embeds
- make a credits / resources page
- make a flash games recommendations page
- make a desktop ui-like page
- make an html/css tips page? maybe?
- make an art gallery page?
- make a bunch more pages
- add section with the covers of my favorite albums to music page
- organize files
- make a neocities links page
- make an internet memories page
- make a music page
some things about me:
- i work as a web developer, used to do it as a hobby only and it took a while to even consider it as a career. before that, i studied linguistics.
- i have two cats
- i have anxiety and am avoidant as fuck
- taurus sun/moon, gemini asc. if you're into that
- i have passed the age i used to tell people on the internet i was, when i wanted to seem olderi'm 31, born in '89
- i feel my best at night
- according to this d&d character quiz, i am a neutral good human ranger/wizard, which sounds pretty cool. i've never played d&d.
- i am uncomfortable with the amount of "i"s on this list
- the late 90s / early 00s internet (no shit)
- front end programming
- cooking and eating
- pixel art
- stationery products
- spring and fall
- likes and dislikes lists
- talking about my feelings
- phone calls
- waking up too early
currently misses because of global pandemic:
- seeing family / friends
- sitting on the grass
- car rides
- (uncrowded) public transport rides
- my old neighborhood
- places i've travelled to
header font: blau 7pt